- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
The Advanced Vibration Technology™ concept behind Power Plate equipment was developed for the Soviet Aerospace program in the 1960’s, to help cosmonauts combat the weakening effects of zero gravity conditions in space. The Power Plate™ Exerciser applies three-dimensional whole body vibration at 25 to 50 times per second while the user performs various stretches or exercises on the device. On the Power Plate, your muscles are actually responding to the vibrations by contracting and relaxing at the same rate as the machine. This accelerates your exercise sessions and your body’s response to the therapy.
The benefits of short duration whole body vibration exercise are well grounded in extensive academic and independent scientific research. They include:
- Increased bone mineral density, which helps fight osteoporosis
- Decreased pain
- Improved blood circulation
- Enhanced muscle strength and tone
- Improved balance and coordination
- Increased flexibility and mobility
- Recovery and regeneration of damaged tissue
- Stress reduction by means of improved hormone levels
- Reduced future injury risk
- Improved joint function and stability
Due to these significant health benefits, Power Plate therapy has gained acceptance from major medical, rehabilitation, and therapeutic centers around the world. Its use has demonstrated dramatic benefits to patients dealing with chronic pain, such as fibromyalgia.
The Power Plate whole body vibration treatment embodies a non-invasive exercise therapy-based modality for prevention, recovery, and rehabilitation that positely impacts patients from the first day of use, providing a multitude of benefits for users of diverse ages and physical conditions. Based upon proven Advanced Vibration Technology™, Power Plate therapy addresses a broad range of debilitating symptoms and speeds recovery time, allowing patients to more quickly resume their normal daily functions. The use of whole body vibration technology is safe and effective, leading to an improved quality of life.